Style Tips #34: Beat Those January Blues
Monday, January 15th or “Blue Monday” is claimed to be the most depressing day of the year, but we are paying no attention to that. Here are some ways you can make the most of your start to 2018, and well and truly beat the blues…
- Get stuck into a specific gym routine and really nail that work/life balance.
- Make your lunches the night before. Meal prep is the most effective way of keeping healthy, and avoiding those last-minute rushes to the shops on your lunch hour.
- Iron and set out your work outfits on a Sunday night to avoid a chaotic start to every morning, and an extra 10 minutes in bed! (Don’t forget a fitting pair of socks).
- Gym before work – you’ll have more energy for the day ahead and you can head straight home at the end of the day instead of enduring a dreaded 6pm spin class after a hard day in the office
- Make plans! There is almost a sort of unspoken taboo with making plans in January. Plans are good for your mental wellbeing and help blow away those cobwebs.
- Look sharp and embrace the blues! You’ll be feeling back to your old self in no time at all… To look good is to feel good, and blue is one of the most versatile colours to style after all.
Our Bloomsbury Collection is a wardrobe staple and oozes simple sophistication. This soft, light blue works particularly well with Navy chinos and brown brogues, or dress it down with a sharp pair of leather trainers in grey or khaki.
A truly elegant midnight blue for any occasion. These luxury cotton socks are a classic ribbed style that will compliment any wardrobe combination, and really make your January outfit pop.
Keep it regal with the strong and stylish Arts Club Royal. Perfect with Navy chinos and brown or black brogues. Simplicity and beauty combine wonderfully in this collection, inspired by the creativity of the modern arts club of London.
Breathable, stylish and durable, our Wellington Socks are knee length and perfectly designed to fit over or inside the top of your Wellington Boots. Knitted from the finest British wool, they are a classic ribbed style for comfort, and blended with a small amount of Polyamide to reinforce the heel, sole and toe. Perfect for all New Year British country pursuits where wellies are required!
Escape the cold, damp British January with A Spot of Style, designed by London College of Fashion student, Martina Milana. Inspired by the classic movie Roman Holidays, this pair will add a bit of la dolce vita to your look. Think multicoloured Vespas, polka dots and a timeless sense of style.
Two colours of luxury cotton yarns in blue and black are entwined together before knitting, to make this unique marl effect. A soft, comfortable finish for something a bit different. We suggest combining with a Navy suit or denim, with soft brown/black leather shoes, or a pair of white trainers for the more casual gent.
Our Designer Sock Collection sets are the perfect gift of dapper sock styles for gents who enjoy the finer details. This one includes our some of our favourite blue pairs, including the Arts Club and Marl as mentioned above, as well as our Eleni Blue, meaning there truly is something for any occasion.